Monday, November 24, 2008

End of 3 months

The end of my 3 month stint has come and gone and honestly I feel like it's been only 3 weeks.

I have enjoyed my time here immensely. Originally for those of you that don't know I was going to come back to US from Dec 5th until March. Certain things have changed that and I have decided to come back to HK Jan 13th instead. A little bit ahead of chinese new year.

As much as I love the SF Bay Area. I feel the need to be out here for a little longer. I will dearly miss my friends and family of course but they will always be there and a "short" 12-14 hour flight back if I need to.

Being in HK has made me realize just how much the bay area has meant to me. There are a lot of things I took for granted that are not available here in HK. One simple example is that we are trying to make a thanksgiving dinner here in HK but no oven therefore no turkey, no mac and cheese, no corn bread.......Sad isn't it?

HK is also not a very big art city either. They do have some great shows come into town but not nearly at the frequency SF or NY carries them at. I realize it's kinda of sad that I didn't go to them more often back in SF.

This third month my body has been telling me no more partying for you PAT. This past weekend I turned a friend down for the first time to go out to Lan Kwai Fong to Party. Even I thought it was strange for me.

All in all it has been a great three months. I am really looking forward to a little bit of time back in SF. Food, Friends, Family and of course libations and operas around! At the beginning I didn't want to come back but now I am really excited to. I will miss parts of my life and certain people here in HK when I am gone but always a short phone call away :)

See you all very soon. This may be my last posting until I get back to SF

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so how's about deep frying the turkey?? You guys DEFINITELY have a frying mechanism... MJH