Saturday, October 18, 2008

HK - Month Long Recap

Month long recap of HK......

All in all HK is a great place. I would never replace it with the greatest place ever.....SF

My 1st week was pretty rough. A lot of you know this because you got many phone calls from me. I realized my social network here was not as big as I thought as a lot of my friends were either in relationships or have moved away from HK.

I made it an effort to go out and meet random people and luckily things have worked out really great.

I have met different groups of people I would not readily call friends yet but more hang out type people. Party people, Dinner people, and of course my business partners family.

Work is something I do not want to get to. That is just mundane. I'll give a recap on that with my next post.

  • week 1 - Bad week, No friends, eating by myself....Home sick
  • week 2 - Forced myself into uncomfortable situations. Met a lot of random people. Mostly good and some psycho
  • week 3 - Friend came to Hk on vacation. Had a great time kept me occupied for 5 days. Really got me going in the sense of getting comfortable here.
  • week 4 - At this point. I have almost reached my goal of being able to call someone if I want to grab dinner anytime during the week. It has been a hectic month starting from week 2. After my friend left from week 3. My friend came from Shanghai to visit. She warned me that I was going to possibly die from exhaustion. Boy she was not kidding. I think I partied for 6 nights straight! We are talking about coming home at 5 AM everyday type deal.
  • week 5 - been hanging out with a friend of mine that recently moved here from SF. It is interesting the differing opinions i get about HK. My experience has been great so far! I have learned something about HK with my many conversations with my friend is that it is indeed a very superficial place. But just like everywhere it is what you make of it. I do not let how HK is turn me into a different person fundamentally. I enjoy all aspects of HK but at the same time I am not afraid to do or express what I feel to people here. They may find me strange but that is whom I am. I really try to go out and find a piece of SF here in HK. From Gardens to off the beaten path places. I enjoy doing what is out of the norm for HK. Next up on my list finding kid of artistic feel to HK perhaps a trip to Macau.
  • week 6 - Work Work Work!

More to come later

No comments: